Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer Spark: One Week Left + My Summer Dress

Hello, all, we're in the homestretch for the Summer Spark Sew-Along! 

With my returning health (slowly, slowly), I managed to finish my garment, Jalie 3024, in a striped bodice and black skirt. The bodice is a 100% bamboo knit -- so drapey! -- and a double knit for the skirt.


Like all homesewn things, I could gripe about it. I got a little overzealous with the full belly adjustment, I hadn't foreseen the drape of the bamboo and, in hindsight, I should've held out for the perfect stripe. Though it's hard to photograph because the stripes are so thin, it's still lovely in person.

Adventure: Saturday brunch and a quick marina walk with an old friend. 

But when it comes to a throw-on-and-go dress for my various summer adventures, I couldn't be more pleased. I feel stylish and comfortable. And with the cool that sometimes moves in with Bay Area summers, the double-knit gives the dress some weight and the lightweight bamboo makes it easy to layer.


This morning, with a bit of cool in the air, I wore it with a gray cardigan and coral, floral scarf.

So I'm not sure I'm sold on the kimono sleeve, but I LOVE THIS PATTERN. I feel so, so curvy in this dress, too. Rrrrrrroar.

:)

You know, I really liked the pace of putting this garment together. It was an easy garment, yes, but I liked having a single month to think of a single garment rather than rushing through projects because my sewing queue is endless. I think I might try to organize my sewing this way even after the Summer Spark Sew-Along.

But how are your lovely garments going? How's the pace suiting you?

Post your final garments in the Flickr group by July 4 to win one of three fabulous prizes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment